DEPARTMENT OF EXTERNAL FINANCE (DEF)
The DEF is led by the Commissioner and it comprises the following Sections/Units;
1. Bilateral Section
2. Multilateral Section
3. Aid Programming and Co-ordination
4. Regional and Economic Cooperation
5. Monitoring and Evaluation
Specific Roles and Responsibilities of the Commissioner of External Finance are;
1. To coordinate the programming of external financing and participate in the preparation of country aid strategies.
2. To coordinate consultations and round tables with development partners and other stakeholders
3. To coordinate processes on the allocation and utilization of external resources
4. To harmonize and manage Aids
5. To identify Regional projects/programs for external funding
6. To follow up and evaluate performance on regional and international cooperation
7. To carry out an impact evaluation of external assistance.